The Lecturer is responsible for designing, delivering diploma and postgraduate programmes,
carrying out research and consultancies and contributing to the world of academia to achievedepartmental business objectives
i) A PhD or doctoral degree in the relevant field;ii) A Master’s degree in the relevant field;iii) An Honors Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or its equivalent.
Minimum required experience:
i. Three (3) years of experience in training, community engagement, capacity building,research and consultancy in the relevant field;ii. Original contribution to knowledge through research and with at least two publications;andiii. A good record of community and academic service.
1) Participating in the planning process of the department
2) Participating in the training planning process at postgraduate and diploma level i
3) Participating in UMI’s academic research, knowledge growth and dissemination process
4) Participating in consultancy projects on behalf of UMI
5) Building networks and relationships
6) Participating in the reporting, documentation and communication process both internally and
7) Participating in community service
8) Demonstrating contribution to UMI being a research and innovation led institution
9) Participating in the implementation of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System in the
10) Performing other duties as may become necessary for the smooth running of the department
and the Institute as a whole.