Chief Executive Officer - Readvertisement
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
Airports Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd, a leading SACCO whose membership is drawn from Kenya Airports Authority staff and other reputable organizations is advertising for the position of Chief Executive Officer. The job holder will be responsible for planning, developing and driving the business and people strategies that support the SACCO’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/He will lead Management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which to manage and grow the society’s business ensuring strategy execution.Job Purpose
The job holder is responsible for planning, developing and driving the business and peoplestrategies which support the SACCO’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/He will leadManagement in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which to manageand grow the society’s business ensuring strategy execution.Employment Terms
: 3 Years’ ContractReports to
: Board of DirectorsThe Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed by the Board and shall be responsible forthe day to day operations of the Sacco society and in particular ensure;
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
A University degree in Commerce/Finance related field, preferably B.com, BBA,BBM, Business Administration from a recognized Institution of Higher LearningUniversity.
Be Master’s degree holder
Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a busy deposit taking Sacco or any otherfinancial institution, five(5) years of these being in a Senior Management Position in abusy accounting environment and preferably within the cooperative movement.
Knowledge of the regulatory framework of the Co-operative Sector.
Experience in FOSA management an added advantage
Proficiency in Computer applications especially in accounting packages and Systems.
Must demonstrate the following attributes / Skills:
- Team player with good leadership skills.
- Advanced decision making skills.
- Problem Solver: Solving problems of overall human resource managementand long-term organizational planning.
- Change Agent: Introducing and implementing institutional changes andinstalling organizational development programs in regard to SACCOmatters.
- \Management of Manpower Resources: Broadly concerned with leadershipboth in the group and individual relationships and labour managementrelations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
1. Developing and recommending to the Board long term strategy, business plans andannual operating budgets and establishing proper internal monitoring, control systemsand procedures;
2. Ensuring timely presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to theboard, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authorityand the ministry for co-operatives development and marketing.
3. To assess the principal risks of the Sacco and to ensure that these risks are beingmonitored and managed in collaboration with the audit function of the Sacco.
4. To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
5. To ensure that the Directors are properly informed and that sufficient information isprovided to the Board to enable the Directors to form appropriate judgments.
6. To ensure the Sacco is appropriately organized and staffed as necessary to enable it toachieve the approved strategy.
7. Ensuring Staff Performance Management through implementation of the Staff Targetsand Performance Appraisals.
8. Ensuring Staff Motivation, Welfare and Safety.
9. Co-ordination and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissionfor consideration by the Board;
10.Ensuring compliance with all statutory, legal, social and regulatory requirements in theexecution of the business strategies;
11.Ensuring the Society has set policies and procedures and in consultation with the Boardensure compliance and reviewed as necessary;
12. Overseeing execution of all business processes within the set policies, procedures andstandards;
13. Providing strategic direction and leadership to Management and technical advisory tothe Board;
14.Ensuring maintenance of effective external/internal controls to safeguard the Society’sassets and oversee the annual/quarterly or ad hoc financial audit processes as required;
15.Ensuring books of accounts, records and returns are kept and that regular financialstatistical operational information is prepared and submitted to the Board of Directors,other Committees, relevant Regulatory and Government Departments.
16. Approves all payments to members and manages all administrative activities of theSociety.
17.Ensuring that systems have been established to facilitate efficient operations andcommunications are followed.
18.Coordinating development of new products for the Society.
19. Overseeing effective management of human resources for optimal productivity throughpolicies and strategies that attract and retain qualified and competent staff;
20. Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices
21.Ensuring the Society’s vision, mission, products and services are consistently presentedin a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders - Media, public and private sectoras well as the membership;
22. Overseeing development and implementation of corporate social responsibilityinitiatives and ensure that the image is well projected and protected;
23. Provide strategic linkages with the corporate world, business community, governmentagencies and other social partners for the benefit of the Society’s growth; and
24. Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by board from time to time to achievethe SACCO’s objectives.
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)