Finance Functional areas
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 48 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. It is constantly seeking talented, compassionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to crises with the right skills. Given the nature of UNHCR's work, it is essential that its workforce has the right mix of skills and qualities to fulfil its mandate.
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is in need of talents for their most common or sought-after job profiles at various levels, who can be deployed at short notice to a vacancy that best matches their skills.
Candidates should only apply to the Group II Talent Pool if they do meet the requirements including skill, knowledge and experience of the profile. UNHCR will use the Group II Talent Pool for the purpose of receiving applications from candidates who have expertise that are required for the functional areas. Please note you will only be contacted if there is a requirement for your expertise. These opportunities are at General Services levels (G1 – G7), in key functional areas at country, sub and field offices.
Cleared candidates will be kept in the pool for 3 years.
- Assist newly arriving or departing international staff members on opening/closing bank account; process their entitlement upon assignment.
- Compile and verify budget and accounting data by checking files, calculating expenditure and estimating projections.
- Issue PO and non-PO vouchers including monthly salaries of UNHCR national and international staff, daily subsistence allowance to staff going on official missions, cost of air-tickets, requisitions of goods and services based on agreements with the suppliers, office running common cost, rental and salary advances, lease agreements of UNHCR offices, etc.
- Process on-line bank transfers ensuring that bank accounts of staff and suppliers are complete.
- Liaise with other functional units who work closely with Finance Unit on relevant issues.
- If applicable, may be required to assist in the preparation of the VAT refund submissions and monitoring of the reimbursable amounts.
- Maintain efficient and timely archiving system of physical and electronic files to ensure that all documents are accounted for.
- May be assigned as the custodian of the office petty-cash.
- Draft routine correspondence.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)