Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
Ascent Capital is a private equity firm that specialises in growth investments in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in East Africa. Ascent focuses on improving operational efficiencies in consumer driven sectors such the agribusiness, FMCG, financial services, manufacturing, medical services, information technology, energy, and telecommunications sectors.
Reporting to the Investment Director, the Associatewill provide support in all aspects of the investment process including theorigination, evaluation, structuring, portfolio management and exit stages.
Investment processOverall project management of the final investment process:
- Investment appraisal by carrying out macro and company specific research.
- Managing the deal list and co-ordinating the weekly meetings.
- Source deals and identify investment opportunities.
- Developing financial models.
- Drafting offer letters, letters of intent and term sheets.
- Conducting due diligence.
- Negotiation of financial terms.
- Participation in investment negotiations.
- Preparation and presentation of PIAMs and FIAMs to the IC.
- Semi-annual portfolio reviews with portfolio valuations.
- Prepare and present exit reviews to the team
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the CMA rules and regulations if any.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable statutes.
- Ensure timely and appropriate reporting to the Investment Director.
- Provide timely input to the preparation of investment and financial briefs as may be directed by the supervisor.
- Preparation of investor reports
- Developing investee value creation plan.
- Preparation and presentation of mid-year investee company reviews.
- Working with management teams to execute and deliver value creation plans.
- Secondment toinvestee business, if required
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Reports to the Investment Director who reports to the Partners.
The jobholder has a secondary responsibility
for the following:
- Assist in portfolio management of the entire investment portfolio.
- Incomegeneration based on set and approved targets.
Judgement and decision-making
- The jobholder advises the Investment Director on investment opportunities.
- The jobholder recommends to the Investment Director business initiatives to safeguard the interests of Ascent with regard to its current business portfolio.
- An undergraduate degree with professionalqualifications in finance or accounting. Possession of CFA, CPA-K or ACCA.
Related job experience/Qualifications
Minimum of one to three years experience in privateequity investments, investment banking, corporate finance, financial analysis,fund management or asset management within an investment or financial servicescompany. Experience in conducting company valuations is essential.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to network and build rapport with high profile business people.
- Good formal presentation skills.
- Excellent oral communication and report writing skills.
- A good appreciation of economic developments locally and in the region.
- Computerliteracy with proficiency in MS Suite of packages.
- The IC members - occasionally.
- All members of staff– frequently.
- Bankers - occasionally.
- Consultants - occasionally.
- Investee companies: senior management of portfolio companies - frequently
A key part of this role involves aligning investeecompanies with Ascent’s interests and ensuring accuracy with regard to duediligences and company valuations. The role also involves planning at leastthree months ahead of time and involves preparing investment appraisal reports,quarterly status reports and delivering formal presentations. The roleoccasionally experiences leisure disruption.Required education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
11 days left to apply