• Drive Business Growth, Credit quality, and excellent customer care while offering agriculture products based on customer needs
• To ensure e¬cient and timely processing of customer loans in line with the set departmental targets and policies of the bank.
• To ensure proper and secure record-keeping of documents pertaining to loans granted.
• Grow the Agriculture loan book through sales campaigns
• Maintain PAR within acceptable limits
Bachelor’s degree in Agri-Business, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Engineering, Agriculture Extension, Agriculture Science. Experience in Microfinance related course is an added advantage
• Formulate and implement sales action plans for the portfolios that will lead to the achievement of business objectives
• Analyse existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities, utilising the MIS and participate in sales campaigns in a planned manner to achieve sales targets
• Prepare Sales reports showing pipeline and sales performance for the required period, proactively acquire new clients and drive cross selling of additional solution according to customer needs as well as referring sales leads to other business stakeholders
• Drive the use/sale of alternative self-service banking channels and educate customers of using alternate channels and grow revenue and profitability of agriculture portfolios
• Perform preliminary analysis/Interview on credit proposals or renewals by looking at the financial risk profile, repayment capability, security adequacy and industry risk and advice loan applicants.
• Assess credit requests in line with the bank’s credit standards, policies and practices and make recommendations to the credit committee
• Prepare offer letters for Credit Committee’s approval
• Raising of vouchers in line with the stated terms and conditions of the offer letter.
• Posting/Verifying of the day’s work and maintain files for all loan customers
• Ensure that all customers’ files are safely locked away all the time
. • Grow the loan book, produce at least 25 loan cases per month
• Monitor and follow up loan portfolio quality performance. Maintain per of 5% and less, ensure recovery of all loans in arrears according the credit policy
• Follow up and Recover nonperforming loans in the Agriculture portfolio and liase with recovery unit to ensure closure of recovery process
• Proactively follow up with the recovery unit/legal units to get updates on cases handed to them.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.