Regional Hub Director - Nairobi
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)Nairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
- Career background in humanitarian data (senior level information management roles or similar), or digital development/ICT4D.
- Work experience at a senior management / director level with experience managing teams and budgets of at least $200,000 USD.
- Entrepreneurial: thrives in a startup-like environment, enjoys building teams and strategy.
- Well-connected: ongoing personal relationships with leadership at multiple regional NGOs and ideally a significant history of projects involving government data users.
- Clear, influential communicator and comfort with high profile public speaking/engagement.
- Demonstrated successes working in open source and open data projects; GIS and OpenStreetMap experience a plus but not required.
- From a country in the region with work experience in multiple countries in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; additional regional languages are a plus.
- Setup and development of HOT’s regional presence including a physical office location.
- Day-to-day management of a regional team (mix of direct and indirect reports).
- Adapt, localize and apply HOT’s global strategy to the region, while coordinating and liaising with the HOT Global team and Hub Directors in other regions.
- Manage and develop local and regional partnerships with disaster management agencies, national statistical offices/mapping agencies, ministries of health, I/NGOs, and other partners in conjunction with a Hub Partnerships Manager and global partnerships team.
- Represent HOT regionally at the national and international level, leading/supervising the organization of meetings, workshops and other partnership engagements, and presenting at conferences.
- Direct the support and growth of OpenStreetMap and open mapping communities in all countries that are part of the region, including provision and management of (small) grants, sustainability planning, training, and technical assistance in conjunction with the Hub community team.
- Manage and build relationships with donors and other partners in the region and coordinate regional new business development.
- Oversee finances, HR, and hub location administration and logistics.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 10 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
Operations associate - Nairobi
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) / Nairobi
Operations Manager - SafeBoda Food
Kampala / SafeBoda
Chief of Branch
Nairobi / United Nations
Director, Board Services
Nairobi / Judicial Service Commision
Chief of Branch, D1
Nairobi / United Nations
Chief Executive Officer
Machakos / County of Machakos