Senior Generic Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 10 days left to apply for this job.
A global leader in international transport & logistics is searching for a Senior Generic Officer to supervise daily activities of warehouse operations to ensure safe and efficient receiving, storage and issuing of stock as per SOPs and QSHE standards. Their scope will run from operations, safety, proper and timely documentation and reporting to people management.Key Requirements
- Bachelors degree in in either logistics or supply chain management
- Experience in Warehouse management
- Atleast 2 years hands on experience in Inventory management
- 2 years’ experience in supply chain with specific focus on warehousing
- Training in MS Office suite and other industry related courses will be an added advantage.
- Allocating equipment, warehouse space and personnel in accordance with warehouse managers planning schedule and pre-alerts.
- Conduct daily operations / toolbox meetings with relevant warehouse teams.
- Conduct daily spot checks to ensure warehouse staff adhere to rules and procedures as published in the relevant operations SOP.
- Co-ordinate inbound, storage and outbound activities of shipments in a timely ,safe and efficient manner while ensuring full accountability.
- Ensure correct stacking and storage procedures are adhered to as per SOP , warehouse manager instruction and QHSE rules.
- Perform cycle counts, monthly stock takes with gap analyses and action plan follow-up in accordance with SOP.
- Issuing of gate passes and delivery notes per truck/activity
- Preparation of goods receipt and dispatch notes.
- Ensure that all QHSE regulations are complied with to ensure safe working conditions and practices within the warehouse and yard.
- Ensure security procedures are adhered to as per SOP in warehouse at all times and perform daily checks for compliancy.
- Ensure that warehouse staff catalogues, archives documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Counter sign all stock cards, tally sheets and stock take sheets to ensure stock accuracy.
- Maintain catalogue of all items with dimensions, volumes, description and supplier available from warehouse.
- Provide reports as per warehouse manager /clients requirements.
- Process receiving, discrepancy, and damage reports as needed.
- Supervise permanent and casual staff in the warehouse to ensure there job activities are performed correctly.
- Ensure warehouse cleanliness and that warehouse-cleaning roster is up to date all times.
- Carry out all delegated tasks from warehouse manager.
- Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and stock, and take appropriate action.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)