1. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supplies from a recognized University/Institution.
2. Professional Membership/Certificate of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or other recognized Institution is an added advantage.
3. Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Access etc.
4. Must be a committed and practicing Christian.
EXPERIENCE AND KEY COMPETENCIES:
1. Proven knowledge of Public Procurement & Disposal Laws and Regulations of Uganda is essential.
2. Should have at least two years’ work experience performing similar procurement tasks in a reputable organization.
3. Experience working in an institution of higher learning in a similar role shall be an added advantage.
4. Must be self-motivated.
5. Must be a committed and practicing Christian.
1. To obtain for and supply the University with goods and services of the optimum quality and quantity at the time they are required.
2. To maintain the highest standards of impartiality and probity in procurement activities.
3. To develop awareness of the importance of obtaining value for money at all levels of procurement activities
4. Provide staff with relevant and up-to-date information and advice on current procurement activities.
5. Establish and promote techniques for evaluating and improving procurement performance.
6. To manage all stocks efficiently so as to provide the highest service level to users at all times.
7. To nominate Evaluation and Contracts committees, seek approval of management and take the lead in evaluating bids for micro and macro procurements.
8. Referencing, verifying and managing procurement documentation.
9. Liaising with accounts to facilitate timely payment to suppliers.
10. Verifying and organizing documentation relating to procurement for use by interested parties.
11. Preparing draft bid documents and procurement plan.
12. To prepare the Best evaluated bidder notices and the Contracts Committee decision.
13. To prepare and issue the local purchase orders (LPOs) and/or contracts after approval of the Evaluation Reports by the Sub- Contracts Committee.
14. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.