The Supply Chain Officer shall support the regional office in the in the provision of Supply chain management, ensuring that this is done through timely service delivery to the field programmes in line with SCI policies, procedures and guidelines. The Officer may be called upon as and when necessary to support the wider emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis. Performance of tasks shall be executed in a manner that promotes value for money in accordance to SCI standards.
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Finance, Administration.
- At least 2 years’ relevant working experience, preferably with International NGOs, and good understanding of major donor’s financial requirements, conditions and government budgets and tax policies.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to generate financial reports and meet set deadlines and with good integrity.
- Team player with good interpersonal/ communication, documentation and facilitation skills and the ability to work under minimum supervision in a team.
- Computer literary, fluency in English and excellent documentation skills are a MUST.
- Ability to maintain personal professional development and competencies on financial issues.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity