- University Degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas: International Development, Social science, Business Administration, Management, Contract/Commercial Law.
- Relevant 7 years of experience in management in humanitarian organizations, of which 5 years should be managerial and preferably in INGO at the national and/or international level.
- Proven experience in handling different donor requirements (e.g.: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, etc).
- Excellent skills in MS Excel & Word.
- Knowledge of MS Access an advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Commitment and Respect of local culture
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Drive for Result
- Working with People of all background and culture.
Key Functional Competencies:
- Leading and Supervising
- Deciding and Initiating Actions
- Planning and Organizing
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong coaching skills.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work strategically, independently and to realize organizational goals, develop strategies, set clear visions.
- Ability to persuade and influence, negotiate to obtain agreement, promote ideas.
- Ability to network and establish good relations with stakeholders, at all levels.
- Fast learner, adapts and responds to change, tolerates ambiguity.
Overview of the Operational Functions:
- Works in close collaboration with Head of Mission and the Programme Coordinator to ensure overall coordination of the country programme, operations and strategy
- Provides timely analysis and advice to Head of Mission on all issues related to technical support functions and operations across the mission
- Liaises with donors and external stakeholders on operational issues
- Ensures all projects adhere to INTERSOS’s systems and procedures (administrative, financial and logistics) so that effective and efficient support functions contribute to quality programme delivery
- Directly supervises: Finance Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Human Resources Coordinator, and Heads of Field Offices to ensure that all country operations are carried out effectively and efficiently
- To review with the concerned Coordinators on the SOP and workflow of the Finance, Logistics and HR, and generate solutions to tackle challenges and ways of enhancement of effectiveness and efficiency of those functions while ensuring compliance. Strategic recommendations should be rendered, implemented and followed-up on.
- Ensure good mechanisms in inter-department communications to promote harmonized approach in attaining mission objectives.
- In collaboration with Human Resources Coordinator ensures compliance with all legal and administrative requirements of the country
- Supports projects in timely preparation of monthly projected expenditures and analyses financial planning and reporting
- In close collaboration with Finance Coordinator and Head of Mission, ensures support costs are included in operating budgets and funding proposals
- In cooperation with Finance Coordinator, ensures that all support systems and teams are operating in accordance with INTERSOS and donor compliance regulations and have necessary risk mitigation strategies in place
- Collaborates with Finance Coordinator and Head of Programmes on budget control and financial management of the projects to guarantee adherence to relevant project proposals and to ensure the overview of project spending and financial reporting
- Ensures all projects have capacity (human and technical) to support smooth programme operations
- In collaboration with Logistics Coordinator ensures that all processes from procurement to warehousing meet INTERSOS and donor compliance requirements and participates in the coordination of an efficient and responsive supply chain system that meets the needs of the country programme
- Collaborates with Logistics Coordinator and Programme Coordinator in supporting program and field staffs in preparing, implementing and monitoring procurement and distribution plans
- In collaboration Logistics Coordinator, supervises logistical aspects of the operations and establish and maintain supply system and effective fleet management
- In collaboration with Logistics Coordinator, oversees maintenance of all INTERSOS premises as well the office equipment of communication tools and IT assets and ensures that security standards are maintained in all premises
- In collaboration with Logistics Coordinator to ensure that contracts and procurement transactions/relationships are transparent and in compliance with local law and INTERSOS and donor policies
- In collaboration with Human Resources Coordinator ensures systematic briefings and debriefing of all international staff in the mission
- In collaboration with Human Resources Coordinator ensures that INTERSOS’s staff policies and procedures are understood and respected
Communication and Representation:
- Represents INTERSOS in engaging with local authorities, donors, and partners at the state level.
- Follows up, guarantees and monitors government recognition procedures for the organisation in compliance with the host country formalities.
- Maintains collaborative relations with Donors, International Agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders at the state level.
- Advises HoM on country priorities based on context and needs analysis.