Anonymous EmployerNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 12 days left to apply for this job.
We are a leading Frozen Foods distribution company based in Nairobi. We are looking for a trustworthy Accountant to help us build our business activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining company accounts and report to the company director. The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with great people skills and strong in persuading and negotiating.Requirements
- Proven experience as an accountant or relevant role
- Understanding & background of the Food and Beverage industry, ideally with an established network
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office
- Understanding of KRA systems with regards to VAT payments, etc.
- Self-motivated and results-driven approach
- High school Degree
- Ability to network
- Attention to detail
• Send monthly client statements & follow up on cheque payments.
• Knowledge and able user of Quickbooks.
• Required to liaise with international suppliers and manage import process, including IDF, payments, customs duty / vat, etc.
• Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, VAT etc.
• Oversee preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other.
• Liaise with the Directors to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site.
• Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Director.
• Posting of LPOs on the accounting software.
• Record all transfers received by the company through the bank.
• Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations.
• File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing.
• Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements.
• Review and query petty cash payments.
• Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
• Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files.
• Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times.
• Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances.
• Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time.
• To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
12 days left to apply