Salary range: from KSh1,300 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 10 days left to apply for this job.
Ponea Health is a Dutch-based global focused mature startup founded by experienced global entrepreneurs and is focused on the delivery of on-demand healthcare, real-time price discovery, building trust among healthcare players, improving service delivery and democratising of healthcare in Africa while enabling patients to have control of their health. We are leveraging on platform economies, fin-tech and emerging technologies like to achieve this transformation.
Our focus market includes emerging countries in Africa and South America with over a 10% middle class, mature SME’s, good adoption of Internet and Mobile and a fragmented Health Market Place. Kenya is our first test and launch market. Our contribution to Africa and other emerging markets that suffer from a highly fragmented, inefficient & inadequate private healthcare sector is to leverage the technology to drive access and lower costs to citizens living in urban areas.
The Ponea’s ecosystem vision to grow in emerging markets provide unique competitive advantages from lower healthcare costs, convenience, discretion, trust and efficiency to all healthcare players and patients. Ponea Health first test and launch market will be in Kenya followed by South Africa and then onwards to selected markets in Africa & Latin America.
Ponea targets to consolidate 70% of private healthcare providers online to provide greater choice and access for patients, and more cost-efficient operations for providers from the marketplace enablers. We enable expansion of private healthcare through enhanced distribution of medical services thus creating jobs and driving full employment for medical providers through.
— Digitised Appointment Booking
— Revenue Enhancement
— Enabling Entrepreneurship in the Health eco-system
— Automating Doctor Practice
— Increasing Patient Traffic
— Digitising Referral Network
— Price Transparency
— Virtual Payments
— Automated Billing
— Promoting Accreditation
— Patient-Controlled Centralised Medical Records Sharing & Archiving
— Aggregating private laboratories, diagnostics facilities, pharmacies
— Insurance origination
— Health Loan Origination
The Ponea Oath
What are we made of - HEART
What moves - HIGHER PURPOSE
Why do we come to work - IMPACT.
And this gives us the passion and bandwidth to have the vision to transform healthcare in Africa & Emerging Markets
The Ponea Spirit
We are a disruptive mature start-up daring to transform digital healthcare in developing markets. We look for people who challenge orthodoxies and who, when others are deliberating why it can not be done, they say, why not and why not now?
Let’s do it!
Our Culture - What we live by
At Ponea Health, we are cultivating a culture that supports internal collaboration, responsibility, accountability and strong team bonds, committed to inclusion, diversity and equity. We shun mediocrity, office politics and all manner of petty pedestrian nonsense. We look for people who challenge orthodoxies and who, when others are deliberating why it cannot be done, they say, why not and why not now? Let’s do it!
To create a transformational force in healthcare by creating direct interfaces between technology and humankind.
Our Vision - Where we want to go
To become Africa’s first digital healthcare unicorn & expand access across the care continuum, in emerging markets.
Our Ethics - The simple principles we adhere to
1. Authenticity - Be you, no B.S.
2. Forthrightness - Be forthright& responsive
3. Diligence - Be dedicated to the cause
4. Fairness - Fairness, Respect, Equality
5. Confidentiality - Privacy of sensitive data & information
6. Transparency - Be truthful, if you know you know
Step 1 Go to www.ponea.com/Jobs
Step 2 Click on the position that you seek to apply and you will be directed to our job hosting partner site www.fuzu.com
Step 3 Create an account in Fuzu and follow the instructions
Step 1: Review of the submitted Video's and then shortlisting of the candidates that make the cut.
Step 2: The shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview.
Step 3: Final candidates will have a face to face session with our Founder & relevant sector Board Member.
Step 4: Offer of offer well be sent or regret letter.
Step 5: Contract signing.
Successful applicants will be expected to be available immediately for their roles.
Position Level: Middle Management Level
Organizational Relationship: Functional reporting to the Global Project & Program Lead
- 2,750 per hour (208hrs pw)
- Equity 15 to 20%
- Bonus: 15% of gross pay YoY.
- Based on successful product launches
- Develop product vision, articulate strategies, and write clear business requirements to drive Ponea’s products.
- You will drive strategic product decisions via evaluation of a meticulous retrospective and prospective analysis of product and revenue performance.
- Work with local and global teams, virtually and in-person, to gather and clearly articulate product requirements.
- Work with cross functioning teams to assess feasibility, effort and ensure timely and high quality product deliverables.
- Work closely with our Business Development, Operations, Design, and Marketing teams and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities, develop strategy and bring ideas to life.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders globally and own the coordination of product prioritisation across all end-to-end product components.
- Ensure that we are compliant with Clinical Risk and Information Governance Regulations and liaise with appropriate stakeholders regarding the same.
- Imagine, understand and translate, new product experiences on behalf of our customers. Communicating these needs clearly to the team and the business.
- Solicit ideas and feedback, gather requirements, write specs, craft wireframes and workflows, and coordinate cross-functionally.
- Identify clear, measurable metrics to track the success of product components and the hypotheses you need to prove along the way.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to delivery and deciding product improvement based on user response.
- Support with roadmap documentation, provide regular status updates and report on product KPIs regularly.
- Maintain product documentation using road mapping tools, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint etc.
- Wear many hats and potentially work on a variety of other PM projects – we’re moving fast and we need people to be flexible. We promise it will be fun!
- Organize, execute and document detailed product releases across multiple teams, including Business Development, Operations, Brand and Marketing.
You'll have an unfair advantage if you have previous work experience within the healthcare environment and have both a technical and business product management background. If you’re excited by radical innovation and working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that gives you the freedom to build extensible and scalable solutions then we want to hear from you.
Key Skills Required
- Experience defining and delivering successful products.
- The ability to clearly, and quickly, identify, articulate and prioritize the strategic and tactical value of your vision and roadmap.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- The ability to clearly communicate requirements at different levels.
- Creative problem solver; able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Exceptional People skills; ability to handle many conflicting demands on your time.
- Organizational awareness in resolving cross-functional risks/issues.
- A tenacious ability to get things done, and work effectively across multiple streams.
- Possess a strong ability to articulate desired outcomes and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Experience with fast-moving product development cycles.
- Understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- A curious mind able to looking at things from different angles.
- Extremely detailed oriented, you leave no rock unturned.
- A passion for improving healthcare with cutting edge technology at the heart of radical change
- 7 - 10+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- University degree in a relevant discipline in Engineering, IT or Computer Science, Management, Business Administration, Marketing.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, is a plus.
- Experience leading substantial aspects of product management. That means identifying opportunities, defining a product roadmap, creating business cases, driving execution activities, and measuring results. We’re looking for a confident leader!
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Salary range: from KSh1,300
Compensation: Kshs 1300 per hour based pay inclusive sweat equity contribution
10 days left to apply
Ponea Health is a Netherlands registered mature startup that is focused on the delivery of On-demand healthcare, real-time price discovery, building trust among healthcare players, improving service delivery and democratizing of healthcare in Africa while enabling patients to have control of their health. We are leveraging on platform economies, fintech and emerging technologies to achieve this transformation. Our focus market includes emerging countries in Africa and South America with a over 10% middle class, mature SME’s, good adoption of Internet and Mobile and a fragmented Health Market Place. Kenya is our first test and launch market. Our contribution to Africa and other emerging markets that suffer from a highly fragmented, inefficient & inadequate private healthcare sector is to leverage the technology to drive access and lower costs to citizens living in urban areas. The Ponea’s ecosystem vision to grow in emerging markets provide unique competitive advantages from lower healthcare costs, convenience, discretion, trust and efficiency to all healthcare players and patients. Ponea Health first test and launch market will be in Kenya followed by South Africa and then onwards to selected markets in Africa & Latin Ameria.
Meet your new colleagues
10 days left to apply