Short Term Consultants, Data Science & Statistics
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 21 days left to apply for this job.
Consultants will need to meet the following technical requirements:
- At least 3 years’ experience in full-time use of R.
- Experience in tackling machine learning problems in the areas of: classification, clustering, and prediction.
- Working knowledge of analysing results of experiments such as A/B testing.
- At least 3 years’ of working experience in the areas of Data Science, Data Analytics, and/or Statistics post-university.
- Have completed undergraduate studies with at least a second class honours degree in: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or relevant fields.
- Experience with Survey CTO, ODK, or an equivalent survey tool is an added advantage.
- Clear communicator both orally and written. Able to present technical information visually and in layman terms.
- Able to quickly grasp project needs and identify appropriate deliverables that meet project objectives.
- Ability to identify opportunities and use cases where advanced analytics can be applied.
- Excellent collaborator requiring minimal follow-up.
- Able to take ownership of deliverables and provide scientific or rational justification for approaches taken.
- Keen eye for detail without losing the “big picture” in terms of project objectives.
Interested consultants are invited to submit the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Link to Github profile (optional)
- Examples or descriptions of past work done (attach as cover letter)
- All inclusive monthly rate for consulting services valid for 1 year - in Kenya Shillings or USD.
- Academic and professional certificates will be requested of pre-qualified consultants
Areas of NeedRequired education
Consultants will be called upon to create, explore, evaluate and work on Busara projects, products and internal systems while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team on a wide range of projects. This is a hands-on role requiring someone who is comfortable with coding. Consultants will assist in the following areas:
- Development and deployment of machine learning solutions
- Extraction of data from SQL databases
- Delivery of big data projects
- Development of interactive dashboards in RShiny or Power BI
- Evaluating experiments using quasi-experimental methods
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)