Head of Marketing
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward.
Based in Nairobi, Kampala, Lagos, and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
SafeBoda is looking for a Head of Marketing to help ensure SafeBoda is the most innovative company in the transportation space in Uganda. The ideal candidate will have both strong marketing and customer acquisition experience and a start-up mentality. You will work closely with the senior management of the company and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s future.
- Deliver SafeBoda’s marketing strategy in Uganda – help us grow!
You should have
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow SafeBoda’s brand awareness, both online and offline. Be present with media outlets, and assist in telling our story, working to enhance and build SafeBoda presence and appeal in Uganda.
- Design and develop cross-channel customer growth programs to improve activation, retention, and loyalty. Specifically: ATL Media, Digital channels, PR & influencer marketing & events
- Coordinate with the country management team and C-level on the marketing strategy to acquire customers and build a great brand in the country.
- Have at least +5 years of professional experience, with strong knowledge of marketing, growth hacking, and branding.
- Expert in marketing (all aspects) and managing multiple campaigns, understanding ROI and other key metrics. Understand the leading industry acquisition methods.
- Proven analytical, business planning, and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Excellent storytelling skills - you’re a gifted writer with a strong creative eye - you’re able to tell the stories and create ads that you know will appeal to our customers and partners, and you do so in a compelling way to build our brand.
- Analytical - be able to analyse data and marketing analytics to make informed investment decisions and to report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers - be confident using Excel or other tools to collect, analyse and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders and being open to new ideas and feedback.
- Strong academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.
- Be well connected, you know who the cool cats are and how to get our app in their hands.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch every day
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself