Centum Investment Company Limited Nairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
The jobholder is primarily responsible for installing and maintaining computer communication networks at Centum Investment Plc and subsidiaries.
- BSC IT or any IT related degree
- VMware Certification
- 1 + years hands-on network engineering experience
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- A strategic thinker who is able to develop and refine strategy for successful implementation of the project
- Reasonable knowledge of ICT Support
- Excellent interpersonal, and team skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to grow with the organization, fostered by entrepreneurial drive
- Demonstrated ability to develop new methodologies related to planning and design of integrated developments
1. Network Management
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level 1 I level 2 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Install computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs),the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Install server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Manage DHCP, WIFI and assignment of IP on the networks and restore protocol.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security and ensure systems comply with industry standards.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters and manage system and database back up.
- Document network problems, support network and computing infrastructure.
- Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices
- Conduct IT project feasibility studies and make presentations and recommendations on development concepts, preliminary development programs and budgets.
- Prepare the project briefs which will include setting time, cost and quality objectives for the projects.
- Supervise and manage the selection of project consultants and contractors and co-ordinate and monitor their work done.
- Be the primary point of contact between the company and the project consultants and contractors.
- Develop and deliver internal and client-facing program reviews, status reports, performance reports and other communications
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Stakeholders management for effective collaboration between all parties involved, including public and private sectors, government agencies, consultants, employees and shareholders.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Serve as the primary point of contact for communicating with the technical stakeholders at the site on any issues that arise, and for on-going discussion of progress
- Adhere to effective systems, policies, procedures and best practices to ensure the timely resolution of ICT related incidents
- Develop a keen understanding of program service delivery goals and requirements, and develop and enact a vision to both meet the customer's current needs, and for evolution of the program to meet changing customer needs
- Ensure that vendors are well integrated into the project team
- Monitor vendors performance and adherence to SLAs
- The jobholder is provided with a laptop and a desk phone to facilitate performance of his/her duties.
- The jobholder also has access to the office photocopiers, office printers and shredder. Financial responsibility
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 12 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Centum Investment Company Limited has no other jobs
12 Weeks Data Science and Machine learning Course Program - Africa Data School January Cohort (Online classes)
Nairobi / Africa Data School
Information Communications Technology
Kampala / Daks Couriers
Nairobi / Optica Limited
Front End Developer
Nairobi / Hotel Embassy
Web Developer Intern
Nairobi / Pong Agencies Ltd.