Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
- Post-graduate degree in any of the following: - Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Procurement and Supplies Management, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Post-graduate diploma in Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS)
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years relevant practical procurement experience
- 8 years relevant experience in procurement and/or financial management, administration preferably in an NGO.
- Understanding of the local market, local legislation related to contracts, suppliers, contractors and business requirements and tax regulations, legal aspects of contracting and contract management.
- NGO experience preferred with thorough understanding of institutional donors’ policies relating to procurement
- Forecasting; Project management; Logistics information systems; Business strategy; Supply and inventory management Supply and demand planning.
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. (Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations;
- Develop, facilitate, implement, monitor and review procurement plans
- Manage the supply chain function at IPPF which includes procurement of goods, works and services
- Responsible for managing all procurement contracts, coordinate and monitor the supply chain function to ensure compliance with procurement policies and practises and donor requirement
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with ARO and donor specific policies
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedule and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness
- Ensure that all order request purchase orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt. Regularly review update and share the databases and trackers to his/her supervisor
- Prepare the request for proposal (RFQ) and ITB relevant documents and reports for tender committee review
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposal and make sure the bids evaluation report technical evaluation, minutes of negation’s and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendation made in the reports
- Ensure that proper procurement systems and procedures that ensure strict adherence to set policies under the overall finance and administration rules for the Regional Office and Sub-Offices
- Maintain a database on all procurement activities for Regional Office and Sub-Office and ensure purchases assets are registered in the inventory databases.
- Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier registration form
- Coordinate and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to Procurement manual and donor policies, filing systems is properly established all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files and accessible and manageable by stakeholder
- Review Invoices and attached supporting document and submit for payment of suppliers to finance on a timely manner
- Review Invoices and attached supporting document and where necessary to submit for tax exemption request to Head of People, Culture & Administration.
- Responsible for ensuring that IPPFAR travel policies and procedures are well understood and followed.
- In coordination with Administration establish detailed requirements for office supplies, equipment and other goods required (for workshops and meetings)
- Ensure that requisite quotes are obtained from the list of approved suppliers and ensures that such purchases are adequately supported by LPOs, Invoices and Delivery notes
- Ensure all approved quotations are captured into the ERP in time and that LPOs raised are sent to the selected suppliers
- Ensure all suppliers/service providers invoices are scrutinized, recorded and promptly accounted for into the ERP
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contactors both within and outside the Federation
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the supervisor.
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)