The strategies may include cold-calling and prospecting daily, lead
generation through relationship selling processes, and occasional
face-to-face client visits, and telesales.
The logistics sales job description also involves communicating with customers and carrier contacts.
To perform their job successfully, logistics sales persons must
establish and maintain customer relationship, assess client specific needs, and promote the services of the organization to achieve the sales goals.
They evaluate and anticipate clients’ needs, with the goal of
creating a book of business around their interests and creatively selling the services of the organization to clients and prospects.
They are also responsible for developing effective ways to transport customers’ freight, utilizing the organization’s services.
Responsible for initiating sales calls to prospective and current clients
2. Responsible for price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
3. Supervising accounts daily to retain existing relationships with the clients
4. Responsible for supervising shipments until delivery completion to guarantee smooth operations and customer satisfaction
5. Carrying out research to identify companies not currently doing business with the organization
6. Building relationship and sell to clients through phone or one on one