Anonymous EmployerNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 17 days left to apply for this job.
• Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in warehouse/logistic function
• Computer and IT skills (including Microsoft Office)
• Demonstrated ability with managing processes and analysing information.
• Degree in Logistics & Procurement or Supply chain management
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team
• Ability to make decisions under pressure.
• Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
• Take complete responsibility for the management of the company’s inventory and warehousing operations in line with policies and procedures; including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the warehouse;
• Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained. Produce regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports through the usage of platform and technology;
• Oversee all the loading and offloading activities at gate, counting of bags and stock while loading and offloading, prepare arrangement plans for stock based on warehouse segmentation
• Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client loading/delivery and filling of all related documentation;
• Recruit, train and supervise the warehouse staff, storekeepers and tally clerks;
• Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals;
• Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages. Lake periodic random checks during loading/unloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill;
• Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse;
• Ensure security of warehouse, commodities and staff;
• Ensure all necessary licensing requirements are up to date, all health and safety regulation are adhered to;
• Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools and the provision of reconstruction materials such as sacks and strings; ensure warehouse cleanliness;
• When necessary, arrange fumigation of infested stocks and inspection certification of damaged cargo; prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
• Prepare loading and offloading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled for outgoing stock;
• Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the warehouse operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options;
• Identify alternate warehouse facilities when needed;
• Organize and facilitate training on staff, business partners, counterparts in warehouse management practice.
• Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
17 days left to apply