Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Relevant design certification or experience – Design Thinking, Human Centred Design, Customer Journey Mapping etc.
- More than three years’ experience in Customer Experience Design
Customer Journey Design: Time Split: 45%
- Design and implement the Customer Journey Design Policy for the bank, which will guide all future work on Customer Journey Design.
- Business analysis of critical customer journeys across the bank and prioritize areas of focus.
- Map out the identified critical customer journeys, using appropriate design tools/systems.
- Identify customer needs emanating from the mapped customer journeys and work with the business teams to solve for these needs.
- Identify key gaps and pain-points from the mapped customer journeys, and work with a cross-functional team to solve these.
- Employ best-in-class analyses to identify focused actions which will provide the maximum impact, to address critical areas of resolution.
- Work with the Process Engineers to identify key processes for transformation based on the customer journey output.
- Track the closure of all identified actions to ensure full delivery of transformed customer journeys.
- Liaise with the Africa Regional Office (ARO) Design Office and external Vendors as required.
- Be the custodian of all customer journeys.
Stakeholder Engagement and Management: Time Split: 30%
- Ensure clear understanding of what customer journey mapping entails across key business functions and stakeholders.
- Provide the required subject matter expertise to steer customer journey mapping in the bank.
- Ensure regular updates to key stakeholders and bank leadership on the customer journey transformation agenda.
- Drive cross-functional engagements to deliver transformed customer journeys.
- Ensure the right stakeholders are involved in the discussions to transform the identified customer journeys.
Team Management: Time Split: 15%
- Drive the required output from the assigned team.
- Ensure timely delivery of actions and agreed deliverables.
- Provide the required support to the assigned team to ensure the agreed business objectives are achieved.
Governance, Risk & Controls: Time Split: 10%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Ensure compliance with operations risk and rigor requirements e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering measures.
- Ensure that all staff adhere to all Absa Information Security policies and procedures through regular communication to staff and spot checks.
- Conduct any regular quality checks on processes, including Crisis Management, systems, reviewing control reports, etc.
- Ensure that all Absa Africa procedures are followed.