Programme Management Specialist [Artificial Intelligence and Data Policy]
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Global Pulse is a flagship innovation initiative of the United Nations Secretary-General on big data. Its vision is a future in which big data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are harnessed and used responsibly as a public good. Its mission is to accelerate discovery, development and scaled adoption of data innovation for sustainable development and humanitarian action. To this end, Global Pulse will work to promote awareness of the opportunities Big Data presents for sustainable development and humanitarian action, forge public-private data sharing partnerships, generate high-impact analytical tools and approaches through its network of Pulse Labs, and drive broad adoption of useful innovations across the UN System.
Global Pulse implements data innovation programs through its Pulse Labs to provide UN and development partners with access to the data, tools and expertise required to discover new uses of big data and AI for development. Global Pulse develops policies, toolkits, applications and platforms to improve data-driven decision-making and support the evaluation of promising solutions.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for Global Pulse. The incumbent of this position will be a personnel of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of AI and data governance projects across Africa;
- Support scaling up of existing initiatives and identify relevant opportunities for Global Pulse’s engagement in the AI and data governance space in the region;
- Ensure timely delivery of reports on ongoing AI and data governance projects to UN Global Pulse senior management;
- Provide technical inputs to and support governments in the development of policy instruments on AI and data governance in the Global South region;
- Manage a small project team distributed across Ghana and Uganda;
- Expand and maintain a network of stakeholders on AI and data from public, private sector and civil society organizations in Ghana and Uganda;
- Support the representation of UN Global Pulse on AI and data governance related projects in the Africa region by participating in discussions with stakeholders;
- Manage organization of events, working groups, and other advocacy related events related to the AI and data policy work in the Africa region;
- Develop a system to ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building within the Pulse Lab Network;
- Provide technical inputs to various Pulse Network related documents and reports in the area of work, including policy papers;
- Work closely with the policy team in Pulse Lab New York and the senior management of Pulse Lab Kampala, ensuring alignment of policy work and priorities across Pulse Labs.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)