The Director of Security Learning and Operations (DSLO) will work with IRC’s staff and partners to identify, design, develop, and implement learning interventions, coaching/mentoring, and other types of capability-building support to enhance humanitarian access and security management. The DSLO will, in close collaboration with Regional Safety and Security Directors (RSSDs) and Deputy Chief Safety & Security Officer (DCSSO), identify capacity gaps and surge support needs and deploy appropriate and adequate resources. In support of this effort, the DSLO will work in partnership with the custodians of the Global Surge Team maintaining a talented and diverse team of Safety & Security professionals deployable in service of RAI and CRRD program needs.
• Experience in facilitating the learning of others and supporting training initiatives
• Experience in crisis and critical incident management for INGOs
• Understanding of issues related to security and risk management.
• Experience in coordinating learning and development activities for international humanitarian organization, including contribution to learning strategies.
• Demonstrable skills in diplomacy and coordination within integrated teams
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Able to multi-task concurrent needs under duress; the ability to handle significant workload and stress
• Excellent and persuasive communicator
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time
• Proficiency in French and/or Arabic preferred
1. Lead and facilitate strategic and operational learning and development interventions with a focus on: S&S performance management and S&S budget planning and management;
2. Facilitate the identification, design, development and delivery of learning interventions in a manner consistent with modern instructional design and adult learning theory and which enhance the retention of safety and security personnel;
3. Prioritize, implement and evaluate learning initiatives for safety and security while maintaining clear responsibilities for management and resourcing.
4. Provides expertise and support in the design and implementation of talent management processes including succession planning for safety and security positions.
5. Develop insights into learning efficiency, partnering with performance management to provide S&S managers and program leadership teams with insights into effectiveness of learning and development programs.
6. Identify human resource needs within the safety and security unit across the organization by supporting S&S representation in the Global Surge Roster and managing the deployment of (10) S&S roster members when and where needed.