Education and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Administration, Finance, Commerce or relevant field.
• Professional qualification – CPA II or its equivalent.
• Three (3) years’ relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
• ICT proficient, accounting and ERP software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytical and attention to details
• Good organization, planning and coordination skills
• Problem solving skills
• Team player
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ensure effective and timely processing of invoices or other payments
in compliance to donor and government regulations.
• Reviewing of creditors’ accounts in the system and reconciling them
against creditors’ statements.
• Accurate Computation and recovery of withholding tax and value
added tax on invoices where applicable.
• Proactively respond to supplier queries as per the set departmental
• Monitor staff and trade debtor accounts & ensure account allocations
• Follow up with staff debtors to resolve any outstanding debts or
• Prepare journal vouchers to receivables accounts and ensure
information posted in the general ledger is complete, accurate and
Payments – Treasury
• Process approved supplier payments and staff advances through EFT,
cheques or M-pesa as appropriate.
Bank and Inter Ledger
• Prepare monthly bank and inter ledger reconciliations and ensure
outstanding entries are cleared promptly.
Cash and Bank
• Monitor bank balances to ensure adequacy of funds for smooth daily
operation of the bank accounts and to detect and resolve anyreconciling items.
• Participate in internal and external audits by providing sample
documents and respond to audit queries.
• Support in implementation of Audit recommendations.
• Preparation of the Financial Reports for Donors and Management.
• Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual project
• Assist in preparation of any other Ad-hoc Financial Reports to
Budgeting and Budget
• Assist in the development of Proposal Budgets in liaison with the
• Assist in preparing the annual budgets in liaison with the project
• Review of monthly income and expenditure statements to monitor
the budget performances.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Accountant and/or Senior Finance Manager