Human Resources functional areas
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 52 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. It is constantly seeking talented, compassionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to crises with the right skills. Given the nature of UNHCR's work, it is essential that its workforce has the right mix of skills and qualities to fulfil its mandate.
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is in need of talents for their most common or sought-after job profiles at various levels, who can be deployed at short notice to a vacancy that best matches their skills.
Candidates should only apply to the Group II Talent Pool if they do meet the requirements including skill, knowledge and experience of the profile. UNHCR will use the Group II Talent Pool for the purpose of receiving applications from candidates who have expertise that are required for the functional areas. Please note you will only be contacted if there is a requirement for your expertise. These opportunities are at General Services levels (G1 – G7), in key functional areas at country, sub and field offices.
Cleared candidates will be kept in the pool for 3 years.
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local general service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Update personnel related information in MSRP/HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAPS to the respective office.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/ relocations. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Perform other related duties as required.
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)