- An opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Laboratory Technician - Micro in our Plant located in South-East Nigeria reporting to the Brewery Microbiologist & Food Safety Specialist.
- The successful incumbent would carry out sampling, sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process samples, and packaged product.
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Biological Sciences / Microbiology or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Laboratory Technician
- Good knowledge of micro laboratory systems, processes, and analyses
- Experience in the application of problem-solving techniques and statistics.
- Good understanding of HACCP, GMP standards and CIP requirements, PC literacy Good allround knowledge of AB InBev manufacturing processes and philosophies
- Proven knowledge and experience in integrating and facilitating a multidisciplinary group of skills, specialists, and functions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good auditing skills Information systems knowledge.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Problem Solving ability to work in team
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Laboratory Technician - Micro will:
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Prepare samples and conduct sample analyses
- Request for chemicals /reagents and other working tools from Specialists
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated according to manualized methods.
- Carry out specialized and highly specialized quality analyses for which the shift-based teams are not responsible.
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required.
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously.
- Assist the shift-based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required.
- Conduct calibration of specialist equipment for which the labs are responsible and provide calibration assistance.