Deputy Executive Secretary
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
To deputize the Executive Secretary in the execution of the work of Commission in accordance with the policy and decisions of the Sectoral Council of Ministers for Lake Victoria Basin.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s University Degree in Environmental Sciences/Environmental Engineering, Natural Resources Management, Business Administration, Financial Management or related field
- Relevant qualification related to projects/ program development and management
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, of which 8 years should be at Senior Level;
- Deputize the Executive Secretary in providing oversight role of coordinating LVBC activities including projects management, financial management and administration;
- Initiate and coordinate the process of harmonization of policies, laws, regulations and standards with specific relevance to the sustainable development of Lake Victoria Basin;
- Provide guidance on the development and implementation of Sectoral projects and programmes in the Basin in line with vision and strategy framework for management and development of Lake Victoria Basin;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of systems for monitoring, evaluation and compliance with agreed policies and actions by Partner States and other stakeholders;
- Analyse reports from Partner States’ institutions on their activities relating to the management of the Basin as specified in the Protocol and guide on the required follow up initiatives.
- Coordinate the involvement of the Commission in Multilateral Environment Agreements (MEA’s) and projects thereof in liaison;
- Promote coordinated engagement and participation of the civil society organizations and the Private Sector in the sustainable development initiatives in the Lake Basin;
- Promote capacity building, institutional development and research in the Basin;
- Liaise with the National Focal Points in the Partner States for coordinated implementation of projects and programmes;
- In liaison with the Executive Secretary develop Sustainable Funding Mechanisms for facilitating development in the basin.
- Make follow up on contributions of Partner States from EAC Secretariat
- Provide guidance in the process of preparation of annual work plans and budgets for the commission, including plans and strategies to ensure harmonious implementation of projects/ programs.
- Ensure overall consistencies, synergies and quality in Projects and Programmes implementation and high performance level;
- Provide guidance and technical support to the Sectoral Council of Ministers and take appropriate follow-up actions as decided/directed by the Sectoral Council;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)