Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelors’ degree or Diploma in Business Management from a recognized university
• Secretarial Training would be an added advantage
• Highly competent in MS Office, with the ability to make impressive presentations
• 3-7years relevant and proven experience in an established business. (3 years for Degree holder and 7 years’ experience for Diploma Holder in a similar position)
• Experience of being both a team leader and team member with proven ‘people skills’
• Awareness of the statutory and licensing responsibilities applicable for all accounting, and procurement operations
• Receiving visitors and directing them accordingly
• Switchboard duties which entails taking and relaying the correct messages to the right office colleague and taking messages and despatching the information promptly and appropriately when a colleague is absent
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff.
• Welcoming clients and showcasing the available options in terms of products
• Carry out mock set-ups for visiting clients
Administrative Accounting and Manage the petty cash
• Bookkeeping of Office Requisitions and Purchases e.g. general office expenses to run the company / new fabric / timely purchase / purchases reconciliation, petty cash management.
• Preparing quotations and following up with clients for confirmation.
Office Equipment and other assets
• Operate a variety of standard office machines, including personal computer and a variety of computer software licenses, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine photocopy machine, whichever is applicable.
• Ensure timely office equipment repairs and scheduled maintenance. Liaise with the service providers for fast and effective services
General Office Management
• Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases; manage filing systems;
• Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management;
• Recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
• Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
• Organizing staff meetings - this includes preparing the agenda and taking minutes
• Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction;
• Delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output
• Writing reports for the director and delivering presentations;
• Responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
• Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;