Reporting to the Managing Director,Kenya and East Africa Cluster Managing Director. The Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support for efficient running of the organization. The role also provides administrative support to the Executive in an efficient and effective manner, and is the point of contact for Country Managers and G4S employees seeking any form of assistance in G4S Kenya.
● Manage and maintain the MDs’ diary, arrange routine and ad hoc meetings as required
coordinating every aspect of the busy calendar, which is subject to regular changes. Conduct
weekly diary meetings with the MDs to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other
● Administer MDs’ correspondence, manage incoming calls, and prioritize phone messages, emails
and mail. This includes filing of correspondence/documents to/from the MDs.
● Handles all calls, visitors and queries directed to the MDs and directs them to the appropriate
persons when necessary. Act as point of contact for the regional managers for any pertaining to
● Create and maintain effective filing systems, maintain and update accurate executive records
using the diary, mail and computer databases.
● Oversee the Managing Directors’ office, providing comprehensive support services that ensure a
professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole.
● Provide support to all Senior Executives during their visits to Kenya. This includes ticketing and
accommodation arrangements for Directors, regional managers and visiting staff from any other
● Organize appointments, meetings and office social functions which may include collating meeting
papers, coordinating venues and arranging travel itineraries for Group staff.
● Secretariat function for Group and BOD meetings including compiling agendas, distribution of
documents, receiving and responding to general correspondence from participants. Take, prepare
and distribute of management meeting minutes;
● Collate information from other Directors, compiling and preparing reports as required.
● Maintain confidential/personnel records using discretion and initiative. This includes updating
leave records for the MDs.
● Place orders and other administrative requests for the MDs.
● Manage the MDs’ filing system to ensure that all documents are properly filed and easily
accessible while ensuring proper records are maintained.
● Manage the administration of corporate stationery including Business cards, Company Ids and
● Support new Directors and/or specified SMTs during on boarding, organizing their workstation, ID
card, furniture, mobile phone, PC/IT requirements, desk phone, stationery etc.
● Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements for Directors and senior staff. This includes
supporting staff in application and renewal of Visas, negotiating hotel rates and troubleshooting
logistics problems for staff on travel.
● Monitor,respond or direct emails that are received in the general G4S Kenya Ltd email
Principle Outputs of this role
● Efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the Executive
● Full secretarial assistance to the board and management team
● Custody of confidential correspondences and documentation
● Travel and accommodation support to staff.
● Effective records management, ensuring compliance and supporting decision making
● Management of general administration including office licenses, office hygiene, maintenance and
● Bachelor's degree in Commerce/ Economics/ Business Administration or an equivalent from a
● Diploma in office management and administration would be an added advantage
● At least eight (8) years’ experience in executive office administration.
● Exposure to working in a diverse cultural environment preferably in the service industry.
● Strong leadership skills with hands-on capability and management style.
● Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external
● A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and social
● A forward planner with clear focus, well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
● Have a high sense of accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability.
● Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
● Have good problem analysis and reporting skills;
● High moral standing with impeccable integrity.