- Masters of Plant and Soil Science from a registered and recognized University.
- BSc. Degree from a registered and recognized University.
- KSCE mean Grade C+ (plus) or equivalent and above.
- Have at least three (3) years relevant work experience in a busy Teaching, Research, Quality Assurance Laboratory or related fields.
- Those with experience in an international organization will have an added advantage.
- Those with Transformational Leadership and Entrepreneurial Skills will have an added advantage.
- Be computer literate.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
- A competitive remuneration package which includes basic salary, generous house allowance, and medical cover as per University Scheme will be provided.
- The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
- Applicants should write directly to our postal address
Applications should be received not later than, 13th July 2022
While reporting to the Director, NPRC Successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be responsible for the daily administrative duties in NPRC.
- Develop, update and maintain all SOPs for NPRC, laboratories, equipment and processes.
- Develop MOU’s with local, regional and international parties interested in phytotherapeutics.
- Initiate development and revision of NPRC Strategic Plan.
- Be responsible for the sourcing of raw herbal materials.
- Coordinate marketing and sales of NPRC services and products.
- Coordinate procurement of chemicals, reagents and solvents for NPRC.
- Be responsible for NPRC stores.
- Be the liaison person for local and international post graduate students and researchers.
- Be the liaison person for herbalists, farmers of medicinal plants and traders of herbal materials.
- Be the liaison person between KU and regulatory bodies of alternative medicines.