- The Regional People Partner – Africa will be responsible for providing HR Partnership and advice across the full spectrum of people management activities including employee relations, organisation design, learning and development, employment law and salary benchmarking to our offices in Africa.
- The post holder works alongside a team of People Partners based in the UK who offer peer support to each other in the provision of professional HR Advice and Partnership across the organisation.
- The People Partner will work closely with the People Services Officers and be responsible for line managing the People Services Officer - Africa and coordinate the HR Focal Point Network.
- They will also work closely with the Recruitment & Talent Partner, Organisational Development Partner, Internal Communications & Staff Engagement Manager, and Safeguarding Advisor. The post holder is line managed by the Head of People Operations.
What We're Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop a strong rapport and work in collaboration with leaders and managers to enable delivery of organizational and team goals through excellent people management.
- Full membership of IHRM (Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field)
- Experience of working in an HR advisory role within an international organization.
- Ability to manage cross organizational projects.
- Sound understanding of HR processes, including but not limited to change management, organizational development, employee relations case work, resourcing, compensation and benefits, policy development.
- Fluency in French is desirable however not essential.
- The ability to travel to overseas offices for 8 - 12 weeks approximately a year including one trip to our UK Headquarters.
HR Partnership and Support
- Working with all levels of management to provide strategic support and problem solving in all areas of human resource management by providing advice and support to managers on a wide range of HR issues through the employee life cycle
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with managers, taking an active and accountable role influencing high level decision making on a range of operational matters.
- Support managers in design and shaping of teams and jobs including advice on pay and benefits.
- Ensuring regular communication with managers, building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Travel to our Africa Offices (Nigeria, DRC, South Sudan) on a frequent basis to develop local capacity for human resource management in particular providing support for HR Focal Points (HRFPs) with Country Representatives with staff handbooks and local employment law.
- Undertake salary benchmarking in Africa Offices to ensure our salaries are in line with the market as directed by the Head of People Operations.
- Coach, support and empower managers to find solutions and implement best practice people management interventions.
- Chair the HR Focal Point Forum and provide training and mentoring to the HRFP’s as appropriate.
- Engage with Staff Associations on people matters alongside the Director of People, Culture and Change
- Ensure safe recruitment practices are consistent across our Africa Offices and in line with the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and liaise the Safeguarding Advisory Team as and when appropriate.
- Support team leaders with the management of employee relations, including absence management, performance management, grievance and disciplinary.
- Support and provide advice to staff on employee relations issues, offering and sourcing interventions (e.g. mediation) where appropriate
- Champion organizational learning across all offices in Africa CAFOD by building personal credibility, role modelling desired behaviours and by exercising strategic influence.
- Champion organizational learning across offices in Africa by building personal credibility and role modelling desired behaviours.
- Build managerial capability with regards to effective people management across our managers in Africa
- Provide training and informal coaching to increase the confidence of managers in handling performance issues and formal casework issues.
Support organizational change projects
- Support the delivery of the People Culture and Change strategy through participation and leadership of defined projects within the Africa Region
- Participate in cross-organizational work that shares knowledge and expertise to support CAFODs vision, mission and values.
People Service Support
- Lead, manage, develop and support a People Services Officer by championing our purpose and values through, building strong and safe working relationships, setting SMART objectives and conducting performance reviews, nurturing staff career development.
- Oversee the teams work on contractual administration and correspondence including checking and signing contracts, and other employee correspondence.
The Regional People Partner – Africa will be focal point in the following areas:
- Mentoring program for the Africa teams ensuring mentors and mentees are following the programme.
- Coordinating with the HR Focal point on a regular basis on HR related issues at the country level.
- Travel to our regional offices to conduct HR Audits and recommendations where appropriate.