- A minimum of senior high school certificate.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Driver.
- Have good knowledge of manual and automatic vehicles
- Must be very conversant with Nigeria roads and routes.
- Must possess appropriate federal and state driver’s license.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Must enjoy driving and have excellent driving skills
- Must be physically fit, fluent in English
- Highly professional and able to work independently
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work under pressure
- Have the ability to read and follow guides, plan and learn routes
- Flexible, effective team work and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge on operation and maintenance of the vehicles
- Manages and drives trucks of varying sizes and complexity assigned to him over designated routes in accordance with time schedules and responsible for the safe transportation of equipment and personnel in and out of Lagos State.
- Directly reports to: Logistics /Procurement Manager
General, Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining and keeping of all assigned vehicles roadworthy.
- Observe the road and traffic laws and regulations of Nigeria.
- Carry out minor repairs and be knowledgeable about repairs.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensure assigned vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications.
- Keeping record of daily visits in the vehicle log books.
- Ensure all assigned vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule.
- Ensure all assigned vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure all assigned vehicle is kept secure at all times.
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Be willing to work on call 24 hours a day.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport of all company equipment and personnel.
- Carrying out any other duties as directed by the management
Key Performance Indicators
- Proper maintenance and safe use of all company vehicle.
- Must have knowledge of truck repairs and be able to carry out minor repairs.
- Proper log in record of all assigned company vehicle
- Minimal accident.
- Successful completion of assignments
- Ensuring all assigned vehicle insurance and registration, driver’s license are up to date
- Up to date knowledge of all the driving codes, health safety measures, road and traffic laws.
- Timeliness in planning, loading and execution of job