- Written and verbal knowledge of at least one of the following main RSC Africa processing languages required. (Somali, Congolese Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, Kinyabwisha, Dinka, Massalit, Kinyamulenge, Kibembe, Tigrinya).
- 1.5 years’ experience as an Interpreter preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and real time interpretation. Excellent bilingual communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with use of office equipment.
- Outstanding listening, retention and note-taking skills.
- Proficient enunciation and pronunciation skills, and pleasant, professional voice.
- Proficient understanding of cultural sensitivity, and ability to collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree required or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree required.
Valid certificate of accredited interpreting training, or training in interpretation services preferred.
- Maintains high performance standard based on a thorough knowledge of and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP, DOS/PRM, USCIS, and UNHCR policies and procedures regarding current refugee processing eligibility criteria and USRAP processing.
- Maintains a high level of interpretation and translation language skill and ability for both inbound and outbound calls.
- Provide accurate concepts and explanations with no additions or omissions, and according to conventions of established interpretation protocol.
- Process and impart information swiftly, and relay intentions, emotions and tone in your interpretations.
- Provide clear and exact translations of written materials, and interpretations of verbal communication from English to at least one of the following target languages: Somali, Congolese Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, Kinyabwisha, Dinka, Massalit, Kinyamulenge, Kibembe, Tigrinya.
- Provide interpretations of questions, answers, statements, arguments, explanations and other forms of verbal communication.
- Rendering sight translations of documents and other written materials.
- Imparting thought, purpose, spirit, emotions and tone of speakers from source language into target language.
- Provide feedback and input to Call Center Representatives/ Supervisor on call quality and how to improve time for calls with interpretations.
- Assist the Call Center Specialist with hiring of other minor language contract interpreters for outbound calls.
- Assist Call Center Specialist with the training of CWS RSC Africa contract interpreters on tips and guides for effective call interpretation.
- Completion of daily activity logs and other documentation.
- Performs additional duties and special assignments as needed to facilitate the efficient operation of the Call Center at RSC Africa, and Programs in general.