Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Pharmacy, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology.
- Enrolled with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
- Two (2) years working experience.
- Good communication skills, honest and good interpersonal skills.
- Processing and dispensing prescriptions, treatment sheets and medication orders correctly and accurately.
- Giving accurate drug information to all doctors, nurses, patients and other user departments.
- Following the laid down security and safety systems and procedures in all transactions including not sharing computer log-in and password with other staff.
- Participating in the drug stocking process i.e. stock requisition, reception from stores, prompt shelving and keeping a tight control of pharmacy stock items.
- Following up to conclusion all stock issues requiring attention such as the pricing of drugs, patient credits, replacement of damaged or expired stocks.
- Participating in stock takes and actively take part in stock variance reconciliation.
- Checking the expiry dates of medicines, making sure that the short expiry drugs are tagged and returned back to the store in compliance with the Short Expiry Drug Policy
- Carrying out quarterly medicine storage areas inspection in all medicine storage areas including theatres, critical care areas and crash carts.
- Participating in the formulation and implementation of hospital policies on drug use, pharmacy standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Assisting the Senior Pharmacists in the training of new Pharmaceutical Technologists and students who come to the pharmacy unit for their internship.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)