Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Geospatial Engineering/Geomatics, Data Management, disaster management, Health Sciences, , and social sciences or any other related field or,
Advance university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Geospatial Engineering/Geomatics, Data Management, disaster management, Health Sciences, , and social sciences or any other related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience for Bachelor’s degree holder or zero (0) years work experience for Master’s degree holder, in the field of designing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and/or evaluating development programs and projects;
- Previous experience/familiarity with UNDP projects will be considered as and advantage;
- Good knowledge of an ERP System (such as Atlas) and UND Procurement, Finance and/or Accounting structure will b an advantage;
- Practical experience of working with county governments planning and management of projects.
The Project Officer will provide technical project management support to the overall implementation of the Russia-UNDP TFD Project. Specifically, the will undertake the following tasks:
i) Technical support
- Provide technical support to county government of Kisumu, Busia and Migori in the startup and implementation of the project;
- Support county and national government in procurement processes of materials and goods as outlined in the AWP;
- Provide technical support in the identification of innovative technology e.g GIS (Geographic Information Systems) to support economic recovery of communities impacted by the pandemic working in close collaboration with the various implementing partners including MoH, CoG, MSEA, NT-P and others;
- Provide support to the Implementing partners for capacity building on GIS (Geographic Information Systems) data utilization and management in response to the pandemic working in close collaboration with other identified partners as necessary.
ii) Programme management
- Coordinate project implementation in the counties in close collaboration with the Project Officers from the implementing partners and UNDP;
- Provide the necessary administrative and technical programme activity support to the project in the target counties;
- Ensure programme activities in the respective counties are implemented in a timely manner and in line with the AWP;
- Liaise with the implementing partners to ensure that financial expenditure at county level is accurately documented and reported to UNDP in a timely manner;
- Provide day to day support to implementing partners to ensure smooth implementation of activities including administrative and procurement aspects at UNDP;
- Provide day to day support to the programme management unit including participating in planning and other meetings as necessary;
- Provide close liaison and coordination with the donor and other partners.
iii) Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct quarterly Project Steering Committee (PSC) meetings and Technical Committee meetings ensuring that relevant issues are included in the agenda for discussion;
- Conduct regular field monitoring of activities and outputs to ensure high quality of works and adherence to work-plans and designs;
- Ensure proper management of the project in the ATLAS project management modules and other corporate management systems;
- Provide regular high quality narrative and financial reports to the Environment and Resilience Unit including quarterly, annual and donor reports;
- Document and share key lessons and best practices from the project;
- Facilitate collaboration with key partners, private sector and communities at the national and county level;
- Support the Portfolio Analyst and the Team Leader in ensuring programme quality assurance is undertaken as per UNDP requirements.
- Participate in resource mobilization.
- Perform any other duties as may be allocated by the Programme Specialist from time to time.