In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency;
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, or International Development or other relevant experience. An Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience leading a PDQM, fundraising or business development department;
- Demonstrable experience working in business development in EAGL countries;
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies;
- Proven ability to secure new business opportunities and partnerships;
- Experience working with technical teams to develop program proposals that are funded by institutional donors;
- Strong networking, representation, and negotiation skills;
- Superior computer skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and preferably in French as well.
Strategic stakeholder engagement:
- Supports the process to position DRC for relevant programming across the EAGL region though engagement with key stakeholders at regional level;
- Supports positive relationships with institutional donor representatives within a regional or multi-country context in collaboration with the Business Development Taskforce;
- Proactively engages on a strategic basis with institutional donors at regional level in order to facilitate technical programme exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding;
- Actively seeks partnerships and collaboration with non-traditional DRC partners and donors at regional level, in order to open doors and provide information to country programmes;
- Assists in identifying and establishing strategic partnerships across the region in collaboration with the Regional Office (RO) and Country Office (CO) SMTs.
- Leads the design and implementation of regional resource mobilisation strategies intended to strengthen funding and partnerships to deliver the regional strategic development plan and results plan;
- Supports the adequate resourcing of programmes within the EAGL region;
- Monitors the funding pipeline and leads on new business development and forecasting at a regional level;
- Actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of supporting DRC’s programming in the EAGL region;
- Actively tracks multi-country funding opportunities and looks for new consortium partnerships with stakeholders at regional level for multi-country programming.
- Prepares all necessary groundwork for multi-country or multi-regional proposal development and bid management;
- Helps assemble bid development teams;
- Provides effective bid project management at regional level;
- Ensures quality of proposals of multi-country or multi-regional bids to ensure high quality competitive proposals in order to successfully secure institutional donor funds at scale.
Coordination of the Business Development Taskforce:
- Coordinates with the Regional Business Development Taskforce on key engagement and funding opportunities that are priorities for the RO or Country SMT;
- Coordinates at Global, Regional and Country level to access donor intelligence, business opportunities and develop in-country skills. Brokering and streamlining assistance from senior management teams, technical coordinators, programme coordinators and donor focal points;
- Supports staff within the region to develop business development strategic component of country level strategies and to secure funding opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the Business Development Unit.
- Incorporate staff development strategies and performance management systems into team building process.