Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Broadband Solutions
Cadre/Salary Grade: Senior Manager
Reporting Manager: Head, Service Delivery
Job Role Summary
- The Head of BBS is responsible for the management of Phase3 Telecom’s IP/MPLS network infrastructure, resources, processes and people within the Broadband team.
- He will be the custodian of all routers, switches, servers and other devices used in providing broadband internet, VPN and other services accessed on the IP network.
- S/he will lead in designing and planning for network availability and performance of Phase3’s network including the DNS servers, email and IT infrastructure.
- First Degree in Engineering or its related fields
- Professional certification from an accredited professional body
- A Master’s Degree in a related field and or an MBA is an advantage.
- 10 years of relevant experience, of which 5 should have been in the telecoms sectors, with 3 years at the senior management level of a large, multi-function and multi-funded organization.
- Strong experience managing large networks with multiple vendors and diverse equipment
- Experience in telecoms technology (fiber optics and wireless), data communication network experience and projects.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and generating results from diverse and multi-skilled teams.
- Experience managing commercials in a fast-paced environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Cisco iOS and Huawei VRP
- Knowledge of and experience in deploying
- Fibre Optics, Microwave communication: SDH, DWDM, MPLS, MPLS-TP and OTN.
Routing protocols – BGP, BFD, OSPF, IS-IS:
- LAN Switching and management– VLAN, STP, LISP
- WAN – MPLS, MPLS/VPN, MP-BGP
- DHCP administration.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Mature, credible and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality as regards all aspects of Company-related business.
- Result-oriented, self-driven with a clear focus on the provision of excellent services
- Ability to embrace and drive change with the skills to generate team ownership.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, including management report writing skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Good presentation skills and ability to organize meetings
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong team player.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the activities of the Broadband Solutions department
- Oversee the design and implementation of the IP/MPLS network
- Perform active monitoring of all activities on the network
- Provide design and solutions for services
- Enhance the technical competence of the team through knowledge transfer
- Ensure the network security for across the company's IP network infrastructure
- Ensure the BBS team provides IT support for staff
- Provide level-3 support for network incidents
- Active Directory and Exchange performance tuning and review
- He will work with relevant units in the business to ensure customer satisfaction with IP-based services
- Maintain Phase3's IP addressing resources including membership with AFRINIC and other internet-peering partners.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.