Field Extension Officers
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
A global agriculture platform where farmers, buyers and service providers can trade on mutually, is looking to recruit a Field Officer to be based in Kilifi, who will be responsible for selling, growing, and servicing the clients. The successful candidates Must have prior working experience interacting with farmers within the region. The ideal candidates must also be currently based in Kilifi county.
- Relevant Diploma/Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience in the Agriculture sector as a Field Officer.
MUST have Agriculture Field Extension experience and reside in Eastern Region.
Must have proven strength in the ability to grow sales and develop client relationships.
Must demonstrate the ability to deliver set targets.
Must able to use smartphone and smartphone apps.
Must be Performance driven with an understanding of commercialization of agriculture.
Must be honest and reliable.
Must be aggressive with Good networking skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in priorities.
- Build trust with farmers and ensure they fully understand the benefits offered by the organization.
- Inform farmers and their associations about the services and products that will be available in the organization.
- Register, support and manage each farmer on the organization mobile application.
- Identify any specific training needed for registered farmers and associations and, where appropriate.
- Guarantee that the quality and the quantity of the produce delivered by each farmer conform to the specifications provided.
- Ensure farmers are adequately trained and perform the necessary harvest and post-harvest activities.
- Ensure the necessary logistical arrangements are timely implemented to guarantee delivery of the crops.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)