Retail Sales Representative
Salary range: from KSh150,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
A dynamic family-owned Retail Chain with shops across the country is looking to recruit a Retail Sales Representative based in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will be required to provide excellent customer service & meet sales quotas for the business. He/ she MUST have strong communication skills, the ability to make customers feel welcome in our store, adept at identifying client needs, present and answer questions about products and services. Candidates with the ability to speak Gujarai/Punjabi/ Hindi will have a distinct advantage.
- Diploma/Degree in sales from a recognized institution.
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Representative, Sales Associate or similar role.
- Understanding of the retail sales process.
- Familiarity with consumer behaviour principles.
- Knowledge of inventory stocking procedures.
- Basic math skills.
- Track record of achieving sales quotas.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships.
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environments.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
- Greet and direct customers.
- Provide accurate information (e.g. product features, pricing and after-sales services).
- Answer customers’ questions about specific products/services.
- Conduct price and feature comparisons to facilitate purchasing.
- Cross-sell products.
- Ensure racks are fully stocked.
- Manage returns of merchandise.
- Inform customers about discounts and special offers.
- Provide customer feedback to the Store Manager.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)