Business Development Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have today left to apply for this job.
We deal with Financial Software solutions for micro-finance, Sacco’s, and banks. Our range of products vary from the core banking/MFI solution to alternate channels (ATM, Mobile Transfer, etc.)
- Identify and qualify potential customers in the sales zone and develop a business development plan to reach them.
- Organize events and marketing campaigns to promote Extra Inch.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- You will develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new revenues for Extra Inch.
- Presenting our solutions to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls, and emails.
- You will be expected to spend a significant amount of your time out of the office.
- Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting and actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the line managers.
- Possess drive, motivation, and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities for Extra Inch are captured and explored.
- You will have individual responsibility for new business and are expected to be autonomous.
- You will work in close collaboration with the management team for complex large pitches and strategies.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline and ensure all sales administration is up to date using the CRM software.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts, and any further documentation, following Extra Inch procedure.
- Respond to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner.
- You will effectively interact with other departments including the account management and technical team when handing over campaigns ensuring you fully and correctly brief in all aspects of the sale.
- Collect competitor intelligence.
- Ensure Extra Inch remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- Proven success in your sales ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in sales of Financial software solutions to Banks, MFIs, Sacco’s, and other lending institutions.
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to work in intimate and transparent collaboration with the management, project, and technical teams.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Language knowledge: perfectly fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Confidence to present a tailored presentation to a potential client team by effectively using a range of presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver a tailored sales process to achieve targets / KPI’s by generating leads, asking probing questions, using the most appropriate features & benefits based on clients’ needs and matching with a tailored solution.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities using relevant research tools / sector-specific targeting and cold calling.
- Detailed knowledge of search engine / online marketing / social networks to market Extra Inch image.
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation i.e. presentations/proposals to meet clients’ needs.
- Ability to coordinate and improve the pitch process by effectively providing the relevant teams with both a detailed summary of clients' technical and functional needs plus applying previous knowledge/experience in order to obtain relevant assessment strategy recommendations.
- Represent Extra Inch at industry events and trades shows by clearly demonstrating knowledge and expertise.
- Detailed knowledge of IT solutions and services.
- Manage and maintain tailored documentation in response to client RFI & RFP.
- Valid Driving license and East Africa Passport will be is an added advantage
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Today left to apply
Welcome to Extra Inch Technologies Limited. This is a Kenyan firm that has been operational for the last 3+ years in Kenya, Uganda, DRC Congo, Ghana and Cameroon. We deal with Financial Software solutions for micro-finance, Sacco’s and banks. Our range of products vary from the core banking/MFI solution to alternate channels (ATM, Mobile Transfer etc.)
Meet your new colleagues
Today left to apply