Level of Education
- Technical Education or equivalent in Mechanical or other related field with at least 4 years’ experience in the Cement or similar industry
- 4-5 years post-qualification experience.
- Machine Main System knowledge.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Knowledge of SAP
- Good knowledge of RCA methodology and facilitating skills.
- Strong spoken & written communication skill
Technical & Behavioural competencies:
- Analytical thinking
- Strong knowledge of mobile equipment operation and maintenance procedures,
Leadership and Managerial abilities:
- Problem solving – Strong analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to handle a range of management, coordination & technical issues.
- Technical decisions related to equipment performance & condition evaluation.
- Propose section needs from tools/equipment, supplies or necessary projects.
- Administrative decisions related to labor and work area management.
- Understand and comply with HSE policies to assume that HSE are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiative at the plant and assist the department as needed to improve HSE performance and results
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures safe working conditions and good safe practices are applied at work.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools. Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices
- Fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
- Direct workers who are assembling or disassembling equipment or cleaning parts.
- Mobile Plant Manager
- Quarry Manager
- MPD Planner
- Workshop Supervisor
- Store Manager
- Mining Engineer
- Quarry Supervisor
- Plant Mechanics
- Effective and efficient running of quarry operations to achieve the set objectives of the plant in terms of raw material, output and cost.
- Support proximity: support by CTC