Payments Manager - SB Payments
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Nairobi, Barcelona, Kampala, and Mombasa, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
We are looking for two passionate and experienced managers for the Payments team. The ideal candidate should have previous experience building agent networks and have a clear understanding of the different levers that unlock wallet liquidity.
●Develop liquidity use cases for wallet top-ups, in-app payments, and other activities to grow the cashless wallet balance and payments use cases.
● Manage existing and cultivate end-to-end partnership collaborations with the different key stakeholders in the market like merchants, banks, and FMCG companies.
● Design and manage growth experiments to test key business hypotheses and capture learnings for key business decisions.
● Collaborate with internal teams at SafeBoda like Marketing, Operations, Growth, and Food to tactically execute Payments projects.
● Effectively manage KPIs and organize a team to achieve specific targets.You should have:
● Possess a bachelor’s degree with at least 3+ working experience managing teams. Experience within FinTech, telecommunication, or banking sectors is a plus.
● An entrepreneurial mindset - quickly kicking off projects with limited key resources and showing traction on specific key metrics.
● Data-driven with excellent written and interpersonal skills.
● Fluent in English and the major local languagesBenefits
● Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with lots of opportunity for growth
● Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company
● Competitive salary based on experience
● Free SafeBoda transport
● Free lunch every dayRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself