Tanzania Procurement Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services never previously available.
Thousands of retailers across Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Tanzania Procurement Manager
Your role is to assist in building and maintaining strong supplier partnerships for an ambitious Pan-African company. You are responsible for driving company supplier term negotiations, by ensuring we receive the best margins, payment terms and build strong partnerships across the country operations.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Preferred 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a Related Field
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating and consulting skills
- Strong data analysis and superior organizational skills,
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supplier partnerships
- Schedule regular reports and meetings
- Actively manage and monitor the procurement and delivery of goods to the warehouses, to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Improve supplier lead-time compliance through optimization of delivery tracking
- Managing supply chain relations activities at a country level
- Monitor all distribution agreement contracts and ensure invoices from suppliers and POs to suppliers are as per the agreed terms.
- Proactively identify opportunities which will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Manage and implement strategies for procuring, and distributing goods to maintain stock levels
- Advise, train and mentor junior supply chain team members
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself