Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 29 days left to apply for this job.
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Kampala, Nairobi, Nigeria, and Barcelona, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
We are seeking an experienced Risk Manager to join our team. The Risk Manager will be responsible for identifying areas of risk on the platform and implementation of ways we can mitigate or catch these. As an owner of key fraud metrics, you should have the analytics experience, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to identify, measure, and mitigate new and emerging loss vectors. You will be managing the output of a cross functional team that includes Product, Data, Operations and Customer Service to ensure we are always catching fraudulent activity on the platform and constantly refining our rules.
You should have:
- Become the owner for fraud detection and mitigation across all of SafeBoda products ( Ride, Send, Food and Payments) across all our operational markets (Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria)
- Responsible for assessing areas of both driver and customer risk on the SafeBoda platform and develop new strategies to keep fraudsters off the SafeBoda’s platform.
- Developing rules and systems to detect fraudulent behaviour on the application.
- Leading data driven experiments to test the effectiveness of these rules and systems
- Manage output of Fraud experts in the Data, Product and Operations teams in each market to ensure rules are implemented but are fair and specific to the local context
- Report on progress and challenges to the senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/finance/science related field;
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a fast-paced and innovative professional environment at a manager level . Risk/ Fraud fighting experience a big bonus!
- Solid analytical skills and advanced experience of Excel;
- A strong leader - you will be managing a cross functional team to fight fraud.
- Pro-active ability to move fast, innovate and find creative solutions;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with other teams.
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and make self-guided decisions.Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team. .
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)